Version 2 of Piper2 3d Printer is expanding
Printable files may be found at https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:3294998
There are 2 configurations of version 2:
- Classic with a removable enclosure if you want to build Piper 2 and add enclosure later. Check page with Classic Build.
- Enclosed with enclosure playing a major role and keeping printer’s rigidity.
Those version defer from each other by use of different pipes length, but use same components.
Version 2 is adding few new design solutions to the Piper 2 some of those solutions are backward compatible with version 1 and may be used in previous release.
- New belt tensioning solution
- Z motor’s mounts are finally using joint brackets
- Version 2 is moving from ball bearings used on Z rollers to printed Z sliders which are PTFE bushings based on 4mm PTFE tubing. Use of Z sliders allow better precission and have subtracted “whole” 30mm from X outer dimension of the printer.
- Version 2 is also taller compared to version 1 to allow clearence for bowden tube.
- And of course enclosure support